Welcome to the C.O.M.M.A.N.D. AZ Speech and Debate website.
We are a group of homeschool families that come together to learn the life skills of speech and debate.
C.O.M.M.A.N.D. stands for Christ On My Mind And Never Departing: a goal for our club. We offer several classes, each with this goal in mind.
C.O.M.M.A.N.D. AZ stands for Christ On My Mind And Never Departing.
C.O.M.M.A.N.D. Speech and Debate club offers a student-led, parent-supported, non-competitive speech and debate club taught in a Christian environment. We strive to help students develop their speaking and debate skills in ways that bring honor to God.
Our mission/vision is honoring the Lord by “training up our children in the way they should go, and when they are old, they will not depart from it.”
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible is the inerrant, inspired Word of God and that it is our final authority in all matters.
2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21
- We believe God is a person, eternally existing as the Trinity in unity – Father, Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit – three persons, one God.
Matthew 26:19; 1 Corinthians 8:6
- We believe in Jesus’ virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and atoning death through His shed blood and His bodily resurrection.
Luke 1:30-55; John 1:1-15
- We believe man was created in the image of God; but fell into separation from God through sin, bringing death to all men.
Genesis 2:16; Genesis 3:16-19; Romans 5:12; Romans 3:10-23; Romans 6:23
- We believe that God creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God.
- We believe God ordained marriage to be the union of one man and one woman.
- We believe salvation is a free gift from God for “whosoever will call upon the name of the Lord.” It is by the grace of God, through faith, not any works of any man. Salvation is received through faith in Jesus Christ and His finished work.
Ephesians 2:8-9; Acts 16:31